Saturday, January 14, 2006

How many pianos did Bach have?

Took a while to post this, since I was working on creating my own blog site. Kudos to Blogger for making things way too easy!

December 13, 2005


As my first ever blog post, I'd like to welcome Huang Lu-Yu into our family. Our family has increased by 20% today -- from five to six. I still can't quite wrap my brain around this. We are often overwhelmed with our three girls. How can we handle another child? How can we afford another child? Where the heck is he going to sleep?

He was born on February 23, 2005 and is being cared for at St. Lucy's Home in Tainan, Taiwan. We haven't officially been approved by the orphanage but we have made the decision to proceed.

Didn't Bach have 20 kids? I wonder how many pianos they had in the Bach manor.

The next six to eight months will be a long journey. I thought, as a cool gesture, that I would try to run every morning, so that in eight months I would have reached Tainan. But some quick division and I'd be looking at over 20 miles a day. Hmm. Don't think that's quite possible, but the thought is dead on.

Love is strange. How can I love this boy, how can I already call him my son, when I have only seen a digital photo of him?

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Martin said...

And math is hard.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home