Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hypnagogia

It's that strange zone between wake and sleeping.

And that's where we are right now. Paperwork is in. Maybe our dossier is in Taiwan, maybe St. Lucy's has received his one-gallon-Ziploc'd birthday gift, and maybe he's holding the soft-cover photo album and looking at our faces. Maybe a court clerk is running our papers from one wing to another, maybe the judge is wondering why I don't have three long form Canadian birth certificates.

I like the weeks of waking busyness over this waiting stage. I know that there's much to do -- we've got the grand move of Olivia and Maya to the downstairs bedroom and the transition of Frida out of our bed/bedroom.

I did dream about Lu-Yu the other night, but it was just a blur of things that I couldn't even make sense of after waking. Or maybe that wasn't even a dream but just more of this half-asleep stage. I guess I do need to let things go for a while and just relax, just fall asleep for a month or two.

Adoption is wonderful, but everything involved in pre-adoption is rather bizarre.

I'll be much happier in April when I can start looking into flights and hotels.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Very well said!

Amanda

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home