Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Not So Sad


I'm looking forward to getting home tonight to see a video of Lu-Yu (or "Louie" as it sounds with a Taiwanese accent) that we got today. Sheri and the girls have watched it a few times.

I'm taking the liberty of copying an e-mail we received from Nicole, the woman who visited him (jealous we are) last week, and who took the picture above.

Hi Sheri. I wanted to send you the rest of the pics of Lu Yu. He is so cute. He looks very serious at you but then is very easy to make smile but I wasn't quick enough to catch it with the camera's flash delay. He is steady on his feet in the porta crib and makes eye contact very well. It was hard to see exactly what his size was with the big clothes on but he looks healthy and bigger than Shan-Fang who is only 21 lbs and wearing 9-12 months clothes. The caregivers love Lu Yu and carry him around. I think he is getting to be one of the older children there now. There may be just a couple around his age maybe there are 3 others. I just wanted you to also know that he is not as alone or sad as he looks in these photos and he is doing well. I can't wait for you to hold him and love him and him to be with his forever family. He will love his sisters. If you have any questions let me know. He is a doll. His hair is getting longer again and is a bit lighter than Landon's. He was engaging when the caregiver took him out to visit and was very interested in all the people and commotion. Again hope you get that news of travel soon. Talk to you soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott/Joan Wells said...

He's such a cutie. It will be a joyous day when all of you can be together as a family.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Great picture. I'm sure you're loving that video...share if you can(want). I have to live through others right now.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Luke Martin said...

Thanks, Joanie for nice words. And it won't be long for you guys either.

Ann, we don't have anything to convert VCR tapes to digital, but I'll see what we can find. Our only wee problem is that when we played the tape we also found some crayons on the VCR. So the tape is a bit mangled. I hope that it's fixable!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

OHHHH, too bad!!!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Luke Martin said...

By the way, I meant to say "in" the VCR, not "on" -- which is a completely different matter. One we'll need to try teaching the kids.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home