Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fire's Burning

A raging wildfire is the perfect partner to a slow adoption, don't you think?

Just over the hills a couple of miles from us is burning the 15,000-acre Horse Fire. I've been watching this area on the south edge of town -- a big beautiful valley that sprawls south to the Mexican border -- since the massive 2004 Cedar Fire burned right up to the north side of our town. That area hasn't (I mean hadn't) seen any fires since 1970, so there's quite the build up of dry timber. My paranoia appears to have been justified.

We're under evacuation advisement, but we're not worried. We packed up our irreplaceables this morning -- photos, documents, keepsakes -- and will add a rat, three cats, some hermit crabs, and my pc to the list if we get a mandatory evacuation this afternoon. Que sera sera, right?

Oh, don't bother telling me that this could be the reason that our adoption journey is taking so long. There is no justification for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I hear ya. I hope things turn out okay with the fire and hopefully you won't have to evacuate. Just don't forget all those documents if you do have to go, can you imagine?

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home