Friday, August 11, 2006

The Meta Call

Well, we got the call about The Call. Which, when you look at it honestly, is really the call about the call about the call. The real call that matters is the one with the travel date; the emotional call is the one about the first decree; and the kind of weird one is the one about the call about the first decree.

But we do appreciate the information, we really do. Kerry called yesterday to say that they had received some good news, that we can expect our first decree between August 23rd and September 1st. They usually don't get this kind of advance notice. We're happy to be tossed any bones whatsoever. We don't know how long this judge will pick her teeth while waiting to issue the second decree, so I'm not even going there yet.

For us, it means that for two weeks we're given a reprieve: no need to worry about things on a day-by-day level. We know that there will be no call. Which is better than the expectation.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Luke and Sheri~

I have started to comment on all of the posts since we left for Zack and can never think of just the right thing to say..so I delete. I always intend to return when I know just how to express my sense of connectedness and hurt for your long wait. Well, obviously I haven't figured out how to put my support and concern onto the screen. So, instead...you get this long, wierd explination.
Congratulations on the bone...I know that any update on the progress of things eases the ache a little bit. Exhale and enjoy your two weeks of repreive. You are, as always, in our thoughts.

Amanda

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me add my support to Amanda's. I know it is hard. I think of you often and am glad to know that your first ruling is coming soon. (Obviously not soon enough) I will keep my fingers crossed that the 2nd ruling is close behind.

Sheri, thanks so much for giving me the info on home schooling. DH and I think that is the way we want to go right now.

Jan
Mom to Ansley - gotcha 6/12/06
And the boys of course

4:12 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I don't really know/understand the Taiwan adoption process, but judging from the tone of your posts and Amanda's comments, you have been waiting and WAITING!

Keeping my fingers crossed that your 2nd decree comes soon after the first.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Finally some movement! Here's hoping for August 23rd!

1:50 AM  
Blogger David and Janalee said...

Luke and Sheri,
I hope the 2nd ruling comes quickly, I think about you guys often. Enjoy your two weeks of less stress and worry.
Janalee (from AFT yahoo group)

10:58 AM  
Blogger TaiwanMommy said...

That baby is so stinkin' cute! I'm gonna sneak into the judge's chambers and slap some sense into her molasses filled brain. OMG!

We're finally in our house. We're not unpacked, but we're IN. In one month, we'll be in Taiwan. I'm still pullin' for you to come with us...

xoxox
val

11:06 PM  
Blogger Luke Martin said...

Thanks for the well wishes. We do know that hundreds of people are rooting for us. Just one damn judge against us. Maybe we'll get the call this Wednesday. Hoping so.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home