Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Our Bags Are Packed

Or mostly. We've got little things here and there, little things that I'm questioning whether we even need -- that looks like a menu to Sheri's favourite coffee shop over there in the going-to-Taiwan pile. Or maybe I've got the piles mixed up.

Travel-wise we're just overnighting in Taipei and then heading south to Changhua. From there we'll maybe hop to Lugang for a day trip, and then up to Jiji for some mountain views and hopefully some monkey sightings -- the girls are hoping to catch one and bring it home with them.

Oh, I wanted to thank Val again for all the wonderful photos she took of Lu-Yu while she was at St. Lucy's a few weeks back. And, even more, for taking the time to play with him. Photos are one thing -- playtime is so much more. You can see some of Val's photos at http://luyuforyou.blogspot.com

Short of Kim Jong Il lobbing a nuclear bomb in our general direction, you'll be hearing from us from Taiwan shortly...

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I'm so excited for you all. You've waited soooo long. What day are you leaving. Jon and I have thought of not staying in Taipei, so you'll have to throw us some info when things settle down. I can't wait to see pictures of the entire family finally together. Here's to a safe and easy trip...

2:20 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you. I guess you are probably on the plane now. I'm hoping the flight isn't too bad. Have fun in Taiwan and I can't wait to see photos of you with Lu Yu!

4:54 PM  
Blogger TaiwanMommy said...

Luke and Sheri-

I posted the rest of the pics, so I hope you will get to see them!

Harper is gonna be just fine.. it seems it was an infected bug bite...

We're thinking of you!

Much love,
Val

P.S.
Hi Grandpa!!

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful! I absolutely love his long hair, it's so in right now. And exactly what is he carrying in his special back pack? I've been following your story here and on the Yahoo board. I cannot wait for your family to get him. Have a safe trip, and don't forget to pack your coffee.

4:27 AM  
Blogger Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Happy Travels! We can't wait to hear about those magical firsts with your new son. Have a great trip and post photos soon!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

Thinking of you guys as you travel to Taiwan and checking yoru blog alot :) Can not wait to see pics of you guys there and getting to hold Lu Yu for the first time! It was a very long journey but you are just begining your true journey with him in your lives. We are all so excited for you.

Best wishes,

Nicole

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home