Friday, September 08, 2006

Haikus

Though the dates have come and gone, I can at least add some poetry -- words of hope. As I understand, Dave and Joanna (Sheri's dad and mom) have been firing haikus back and forth at each other for the past few days. Ironically, these two crossed mid-air. It looks like this wait and this boy is on everyone's mind.

Dave:

The phone does not ring
Lu Yu knows not he waits still
Mom Dad sad judge bad

Joanna:

Waiting wanting soon
The keeper judge holds our hearts
Our faraway toddler boy

Need I even say that we've been told that we'll receive the call "within the next week." As you may know, the judge lives on another planet (I believe it's Uranus), so that could equal months and months in earth time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. Don't have a Haiku for you but here's to that 'call'. I've got my fingers crossed.

Jan

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. No Haiku but perhaps some Seuss would make you feel better.

Sad
Dad
Bad
Had
Lad

Dad is Sad
Very Very Sad.
Dad had (continues to have) a bad day.
Please Judge give Dad his Lad!

Jan

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home