Thursday, May 11, 2006

Still Keeping My Date

I've been avoiding posting over the past week because I was holding my breath for that May 10th date. But now that May 10th has come and gone silently I can refocus on the more important date: June 21st. See, I chose May 10th because my estimate had been that it was approximately 5-6 weeks between notice to travel and the actual hold-him-in-my-arms date. I don't think that the 5-6 weeks is accurate, based on what I'm hearing from Sheri about what others are saying on the Taiwan yahoo group. But it wouldn't matter what they said. I'm sticking with June 21st. It just has such a nice ring to it -- first day of summer and all. And I'll hold to that date right up to the very date. Though it's probably never happened before, we might get a call at the twelfth hour, on June 20th, telling us to get on the next red eye. Hope springs eternal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Luke~
I like it...hope..

Our hope date is june 18th (Zack's 1st birthday) and I feel the same way. It could happen!

It is ppretty exciting to finally be in the "it could happen any time" portion of the wait, no?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Scott/Joan Wells said...

Keep on hoping!!! That date is a great one--on top of first day of summer it's my parent's wedding anniversary. You know eventually you will have him in your arms and it will seem like yesterday you just started the paperwork. Keep the faith Sheri,Luke,Olivia,Maya and Freida.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, if you are interested, I am ion Taiwan now and just started an adoption blog at
http://taiwanadoption2x.rkblogs.com/index.html

in case you'd like to follow along.
I do hope you get travel new soon!
Laura adopting 2x from Taiwan

2:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Just keep hoping that's what we all have to do right? June 21 sounds good, I was with you on the May 10, so I'm hoping with you for June 21.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home